Sunday, August 3, 2014

July Favorites {2014}


So the last post I did and this one have both been something new. I have generally stuck with the same ideas and done new versions of each, but I like change, so I had to do something different. That's the random side of me beginning to come in. Variety is always nice, though.
This is a post with all of my July favorites! I am *hopefully* going to be doing one at the end of every month, but my favorites may or may not actually change, so we'll see. Well, here goes! I'd love to know what your favorites are too! Leave a comment and let me know!


//Food Favorites:

☼ This peanut butter ice cream is by far a favorite of mine. It is dairy free, which is good, and it is so creamy and delicious that I would eat it even if I wasn't lactose intolerant. Seriously, guys, you have got to try it! I actually came up with the recipe on my own, and you can find it on my food blog here! I also poured the mixture into popsicle molds and froze it that way, and it was super good that way too. Peanut butter creamsicles? Yes, please.



☼ I have been drinking a lot of sweet tea lately. It has been in the ridiculously high temperatures here, and sweet tea is one of my favorites. Add some lemon and you have an oh-so-refreshing summer drink. I'm not exactly sure where I got my love of sweet tea, but it must be the southern in me.



//Clothing Favorites:

☼ I recently discovered a wonderful thing called a maxi skirt. I have heard so many people talk about how comfy they are and how much they like them. I finally decided to go out and get myself one. I do not regret spending that money. I absolutely love it! I have a solid black one right now, but I am going to get some patterned ones soon. They are extremely comfortable, and you can pair them with so much! If you'll excuse me, I am going on a shopping spree at my local clothing store. I'll be right back.

☼ Sandals have always been a favorite of mine. I have a love for going barefoot everywhere during summer. (Anyone else?)  It never used to be a problem, but now where I live,we have to worry about ticks a lot. Going barefoot isn't exactly something that is highly suggested if you want to remain tick-free. Naturally I turned to the closest substitute: Sandals. I can't go without my flip-flops and flats. It probably doesn't make that much of a difference, but it makes me feel better about it. ;)


Anyone else love this outfit? I wore something similar to church today, with a different colored skirt and a scarf in place of the necklace. Surprisingly, it makes a super comfortable summer outfit!

via Pinterest


//Beauty Favorites:

☼ A problem I have been having with my hair is frizz. My hair is very thick and naturally wavy, which adds to create a major frizz problem. I think it was also damaged. My aunt showed me this product that she uses, and suggested that I try it. I love it. It has made my frizz go almost completely away. It's called Not Your Mother's Kinky Moves Hair Cream. They also have it in shampoo and conditioner, but I had no need to use that. It is really cheap at Walmart and you can probably find it any drugstore too. If you have frizzy hair, I highly recommend it!



☼ I have been trying to grow my hair out, so I looked on YouTube to find tips on how to do it. In every video I watched, the person used coconut oil. Not only has it helped my hair grow, (close to 2 inches in 2 weeks!)
but my hair is stronger and much healthier than it was before!  Coconut oil by far has been one of the best things I have done with my hair. I am extremely glad that I discovered it. Apparently it is good for several more things, of which I am still exploring. I LOVE coconut oil. Period.

☼ This body spray smells amazing. It literally makes your mouth water when you smell it. (that is, if you like cotton candy.) I tried to find a bigger bottle of it, but this was all they sold at Walmart. It is really cheap: 75 cents. I ended up not being able to wear it anymore because I craved cotton candy like crazy. I finally resorted to using it as a pillow mist. Now I have very sweet dreams! ;)



//Favorite Books: 

My last post was a review on these books, so if you read it, you already know how much I love them. I didn't think they would be something I would enjoy...full of knights and dragons and battles, but I loved them. They are really good. My friend was shocked when I told her! :)



//Favorite Music:
I have been enjoying so much music lately that this one was hard for me. However, I finally narrowed it down to some of my favorites, although they are many. :) I'll embed the music videos below.

☼  "Beautiful, Beautiful" by Francesca Battistelli:




☼  "Lay Me Down" by Chris Tomlin:




☼  "Press On" by Building 429:




☼ "You Carry Me" by Moriah Peters



There are more, but I won't flood you with songs. Although, music is something you really can't get enough of... :)


So that's it, folks! I had bunches of fun putting this together, and I hope you feel the same way reading it. I'd love to know what your favorites are for this month as well! I will hopefully do these every month, but I'm not sure yet. I am finally back to regular posting too! *hopefully* I'm really excited about getting back into this.
Soo...I will be back later this week with another post that I dearly hope you find interesting!

Until then, ♥

"The little things you are passionate about are not random, they are your calling." ~Fabienne Fredrickson

1 comment:

  1. Love the outfit. The skirt is plain, but, looks fancy in a way. ~Abby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, lovelies! I love to hear from you! Every comment brightens my day a whole lot more, so by all means, leave me a note!
However, any inappropriate, rude, or scamming comments will disappear mysteriously...and they will never be seen again. So keep it appropriate, civil and nice, please! Hope to see you back soon, and have a delightful day! :)