Monday, December 7, 2015

Morning

Mornings. I love them. There is a fresh feel to the air. The sun slowly begins to peek over it's cover of darkness as the countryside opens its eyes and greets the new day. One of my favorite things to do is to sit on the back deck with my Bible and my coffee and watch the sunrise...I become filled with a whole new sense of awe every time I see it, and I can't help but feel so thankful to God for not only creating this earth, but also making it so beautiful in the process! 

Growing up in the city, I didn't really get to see different kinds of animals. However, because we live near woods now, there are always animals out in the morning. In fact, that's how I took the picture of the tiny fawn above. (the camera decided to focus on the tree, but it gives it a cool look, I guess!) The deer are almost always out there, along with squirrels, chipmunks, and countless kinds of birds. Some mornings, there is a lovely mist between the trees, and that just adds to the gorgeous scene! 

Each time I think about how much of a blessing each new day is, I can't help but be overcome with thankfulness and praise to God for everything that he has provided. Even the fact that we are still alive is such a miracle! The universe and everything in it has been so intricately designed and pieced together, from the biggest planet to the tiniest cell, and it continues to be held together by the all-knowing, forever-merciful, Almighty God. 

"But  this I call to mind, 
and therefore, I have hope:
The steadfast love of the Lord
never ceases; 
His mercies never come to an end
they are new every morning.
Great is your faithfulness!"
                                                                                                                    ~Lamentations 3:21-23                                                                   

Every morning, I want to always remember the God who has given me this day to live in, who is orchestrating the universe and who loves me with an everlasting love. It is a truly beautiful thing to know and have fellowship with the God of the universe, who has given us this day and every day that we wake up to. 

   ~Megan ♥

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by, lovelies! I love to hear from you! Every comment brightens my day a whole lot more, so by all means, leave me a note!
However, any inappropriate, rude, or scamming comments will disappear mysteriously...and they will never be seen again. So keep it appropriate, civil and nice, please! Hope to see you back soon, and have a delightful day! :)