Saturday, October 22, 2016

~ The Music Tag ~

Hey everyone! I am so sorry that I didn't post last week! I have been really busy and distracted with so many other things lately that my writing has been put on the back burner. Today's post is going to be a tag, since I need to get back into the swing of things, and I will hopefully be posting regularly again! :) 

The lovely Bonnie over at Bonnie's Blessings tagged me for The Music Tag recently! If you know me well, you know that music is a big part of my life, and I am SO excited to be tagged for this!! Thank you so SO much, Bonnie!! *hugs* ♥

So, naturally, we are going to dive headfirst into this one! :) 


Here are the rules: 
1.) Thank the person who tagged you--a thousand thanks, Bonnie!! :) 
2.) Answer the questions
3.) Tag some peoples
4.) Add your own question to the tag for nominees to answer
5.) Include the rules in your post (haha this one is funny! :p) 

//Do you play any instruments?
Yes! I have played piano since I was about six, I can play a few chords on the guitar, and I am learning violin. (I have played the shaker and box drum too, but I don't think that really counts.. :p)

//What is your favorite music genre?
UGH this one is hard!! I love country music a lot, but lately I have really been loving acoustic music,  and also artists like Audrey Assad and Sarah Groves.

//Is there a music genre you cannot stand?
I don't like anything that is loud and banging. I also like to be able to understand what the person is saying without having to look up the lyrics! :) 

//What is your favorite way to listen to music? (CD, vinyl, MP3, etc.) 
Most of the time, I listen to music on Spotify, which is great! I think my favorite method of listening to music is on a record player, even though I don't have one. I love the idea and feel of a record player, especially with Christmas music!

//Who are your 3 favorite bands/singers?
Only three?!? *wublifudf whyyyyyy*
Peter Hollens, Audrey Assad, and Keith and Kristyn Getty
 (ALSO MANY MORE BUT I CAN ONLY PICK THREE) *pouts*  

//What are your 3 favorite chords?
Ooooh I love this question!!
Just a simple C chord has always been one of my favorites because (As Bonnie said!) it is comfortable to play. I also really like B and A. 

//What do you think is the purpose of music?
 I read a quote once that pretty much sums up my thoughts on music. It says: "Where words fail, music speaks." I love that quote so much, because it is SO true! I think the purpose of music is to communicate and express feelings. Music can communicate things that words never could. It is a language. A passion. A beautiful art. I love it. ♥

//What is one piece of music/song that has gotten you through a rough time?
ONLY ONE OPTION NOW?? NOOOOOoooooo!! 
I'm actually going to put two down because I couldn't narrow it down to one. Like it was impossible. I was lucky to get it down to two. :p 
 1.) Right Beside You by Building 429
2.) Breaking You by Audrey Assad

My question for the people I nominated:
If only one instrument could be around for the rest of your life, what would you want it to be?
 
Aaannnd I nominate: 
Katie   Emily   Sarah   
All of YOU, my lovely frens ;) 
 
YAY that was the tag!! I hope you enjoyed it! If you aren't planning on doing a post of your own, you should totally answer the questions in the comments, because I would LOVE to read your answers!! 

I will hopefully be back into writing regular blog posts again! I can't make any promises about November though, because of NANO Y'ALL!! Who is excited (OR FREAKING OUT NERVOUS) about it?! I am for sure, and judging by the general air of NaNoness (yup I made that up) around the Blogdom, I think it's safe to assume that everyone else around here is too! :) 

Have a lovely day!! :) 

~Megan ♥

8 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha I love it. Nanoness around Blogdom. So true! :D

    This was an awesome post Megan! Thanks for joining in the fun and participating! :) You're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xD I'm glad you enjoyed the post, Bonnie!! Thank you for tagging me!! :) :) ♥♥

      Delete
  2. This is a really fun tag! I appreciate the nomination- since I just did it a few weeks ago, I'll wait a while. But thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's totally fine, Emily! I won't be offended if you skip. ;)
      Thanks for commenting!! :) ♥

      Delete
  3. Wonderful getting to know you through the music you like. I have been playing violin for 14 years so if you need any help lemme know! AWE I love acoustic covers and Spotify so much! I enjoyed this post so much! LOVE YOUR BLOG DEAR!
    www.itssimplyme.com
    -V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah that's awesome!! I will definitely take you up on that if I need to! My best friend has been playing for a long time and has been giving me pointers as well. :)
      Thank you SO much, Vanessa!! ♥

      Delete
  4. YAAAAS EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS. :'''') Music is life in so many ways. <3 I'm learning guitar too! And I really want to learn the violin as well. QUESTION: WHICH ONE HURTS YOUR FINGERS MORE?? VIOLIN OR GUITAR? because lol my fingers hurt from the guitar. it's a lovely instrument though. :)

    I'M SO EXCITED AND NERVOUS FOR NANO OMGGGG

    lotsalove,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeep THANK YOU ABBIEE!! I love music. ♥♥

      So far, guitar has definitely hurt worse! The strings are thicker and the chord positions are annoying! :p I do better listening to others play it more than I enjoy playing it myself! :p

      ♥♥

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by, lovelies! I love to hear from you! Every comment brightens my day a whole lot more, so by all means, leave me a note!
However, any inappropriate, rude, or scamming comments will disappear mysteriously...and they will never be seen again. So keep it appropriate, civil and nice, please! Hope to see you back soon, and have a delightful day! :)