Monday, August 25, 2014

╰☆╮Back-to-School Organization╰☆╮

Hello! Let me begin by apologizing for my lack of posting and my extreme laziness in the matter. I offer no excuses.

Today was the first day of school for me, and even though I am homeschooled, organization is a huge part of making it a success. I cannot focus or do well if my school stuff is sloppy and un-organized. Maybe it's just the fact that I'm OCD, but I still think it's a very good habit to get into. Here are a few of the things I have done now that I'm in high school to help me stay organized and on track.



//1: Make a Schedule! I know, with homeschooling it doesn't always have to be structured and scheduled, but I have found that scheduling your day and making the best of it really helps as far as getting all of your stuff done on time. When you are scheduled, it makes the day go much smoother, and there is much less catching up to do later.

//2: Set that alarm clock! This goes somewhat with the scheduling point. I have known fellow homeschoolers who sleep in as late as they want, which leads to a late start on school and also causes you to loose a lot of precious time. It may take a while to get used to waking up earlier, but it is much more refreshing and (believe it or not) energizing. Your mind is more fresh in the morning, when there has been less going on. You really only need about 8 hours of sleep each night, and you will feel much better rested than if you wake up late. Set your alarm and drag yourself out of bed! It will get easier and easier, and you won't regret it!

//3: Go to bed earlier. I know, some of you are night owls, and I tend to be as well, but if you go to bed at an earlier hour, you will not find it so hard to wake up in the morning. Try it and see: it really works! I am the one that tends to stay up till all hours of the night on the weekends, but during the week it is best to go to bed early. Now that may or may not have had anything to do with organization, but it's a helpful tip anyhow. :)

//4: Put Pens/Pencils in a box or drawer. When I was younger I was constantly losing my pens, pencils, rulers and erasers before the school year was half over! I eventually designated a box specifically to keep track of them and prevent losing them. I now have a drawer for them all, but it is very helpful to be able to open a box or drawer instead of having to hunt all over the house for your missing school supplies.

//5: Keep a daily log. I keep a log of what I do for each subject each day. Because I do my work on my own, it helps my mom see what I've been doing and keep track of my progress. It is a very helpful tool.

//6: Keep track of tests/test scores. This has proved to be very helpful for me to see what I need to be studying more, and overall just how I'm doing as far as scores. It also helps to keep all of your tests together too. I keep them all in a folder or binder that I have in my desk.

//7: Binders, binders, binders! I love binders. I use them for everything just about. I keep my test scores in a folder in my study binder, which also holds my notebooks for taking study notes. I have a notebook full of folders that I keep my tests in as well. I'll put a picture in below:


//8: Take a Break. This may or may not have anything to do with staying organized either, but it is still very refreshing and helpful to take maybe a 5 minute break once in a while. Grab a snack and sit down for a minute. Don't get on the computer or your iPod, though, because it will most definitely end up lasting longer than five minutes! :)

//9: Stay Calm! Last but not least, don't forget to stay calm! Study hard and do your best!!

That's all that I have for today, but I will do my utmost to post more frequently. Until then,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, lovelies! I love to hear from you! Every comment brightens my day a whole lot more, so by all means, leave me a note!
However, any inappropriate, rude, or scamming comments will disappear mysteriously...and they will never be seen again. So keep it appropriate, civil and nice, please! Hope to see you back soon, and have a delightful day! :)