Monday, October 6, 2014

September Favorites {2014}



Hey everyone! Today I'm doing my September Favorites, as promised. I don't have a ton of things this month, because I don't change my likes very often, but I did get some new clothes recently, and I have discovered a few new things that I'm trying out. I will hopefully have some more cool favorites coming up soon. But that's next month. This is September. Well, actually, it's October, but this is my September Favorites post, so we are back in September for a few brief minutes. :) Enjoy!


//Beauty Favorites-

♥ Curling iron:

This curling iron is amazing. It heats up quickly, and it makes beautiful, long-lasting curls. I don't even know what brand it is...I got it free from the church when they were giving away all of the lost and found items. I believe it is a 1/2-inch barrel, and it is probably a Conair, but I'm really not sure. Anyway, I love it, and, although I am not supposed to really use heat on my hair while I'm growing it, this thing makes it practically impossible.



 ♥ Suave Heat Protector:

As I mentioned, I have a hard time resisting the urge to straighten or curl my hair occasionally, so I use this heat protector to keep my hair from getting damaged from my straightener and curling iron. It works really well, and the condition of my hair has really improved since I've been using it.



♥ Aveeno Ultra Calming Daily Moisturizer:

I recently discovered that I have rosacea, which is basically a thing with your skin on your face where it gets flushed really easy. It is really embarrassing sometimes when it looks like you are blushing all the time. I started using this a little while ago, and I have already noticed a difference. I am looking into other ways to keep my face color down, but this is really working well for me.




//Clothing Favorites-


♥ Button-up plaid shirt:

I love this shirt. I actually just got it, but I am already in love with it. It is SO comfortable, and it keeps me warm, which is a really big accomplishment! Not to mention how cute it is...I love the colors and the cut of it! This is the kind of shirt that you wear with cow-girl boots and a pair of jeans. I have the first and the last, but I have yet to get the boots..soon, though!



♥ Forever 21 Grey and Salmon Striped Sweater:

I. Love. This. Sweater. It is SO warm and cozy, and the colors are amazing. Plus, I have had a fondness for stripes recently, and this fits the bill perfectly. It is my favorite shirt right now. For sure.




//Food Favorites-


♥ Harvest Pumpkin Mix:

This has been a traditional favorite of mine for a very long time. These things are extremely addicting, and they are oh-so-delicious! I wish they sold them all year round. I guess that's what make them so special, though.



♥ Spiced Chai Tea:

I am much more of a coffee drinker than a tea drinker, but I do drink tea in the evenings when I want to be able to sleep. This tea has been what I drink every night, and I haven't gotten tired of it, either! Before I was lactose intolerant, I added cream to it, and that always made it taste even better. This actually has caffeine in it too, but it hasn't affected me as far as sleep, so I still drink it at night.



♥ Honey Roasted Peanuts:

These have been one of my favorite snacks since I couldn't have dairy anymore. I am not a huge fan of nuts, but these are more sugar-coated, and the flavor is masked, so I'm good with them. They are so delicious. There is a store near us that freshly grinds honey roasted peanut butter. Let me tell you, it's amazing. 




//Favorite Blog Posts: 


♥ "Confidently, You" by Michaela F. @ Quaintrelle- This post was SO encouraging and inspiring. I love Michaela's style of writing, and this was expressed so beautifully. I feel like I can relate to some of what she was saying, and it really helped me out a lot. Thanks, Michaela! :)

♥ "Filling Our Minds" by Mandy Saeler @ Setapartgirl.com- I have been following this blog for a little while, and I this post was very convicting, making me realize how important prioritizing your life is. Very good article.


//Favorite Music:

"Summer Again" by The Afters- Since it is now (officially, and I would say weather-wise) fall, this song is quite appropriate. I have really been loving this one lately.



"Greater" by MercyMe- This song is one that I have just really been enjoying lately and listening to a lot.



"Without You" by For King & Country- I tend to like songs that make me cry, and I don't have any clue why that is, but this one is a really good song, and knowing the story behind it makes me really realize how precious people are to me, and how I need to really appreciate them here on earth.



"King of My Heart" by Love & the Outcome- I recently heard this song, and it was really encouraging to me, that God is bigger than ANYTHING, and he is the King of my heart. It was just a really encouraging song.




This is all that I have for this month! Sorry it was a little late coming..it took me a while to put it together and get it ready. I'll be coming with some new and "hopefully" exciting posts soon, so keep an eye out!

                          Much love!!
                                               ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, lovelies! I love to hear from you! Every comment brightens my day a whole lot more, so by all means, leave me a note!
However, any inappropriate, rude, or scamming comments will disappear mysteriously...and they will never be seen again. So keep it appropriate, civil and nice, please! Hope to see you back soon, and have a delightful day! :)