Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Counting Gifts and the New Year

Hello friends! I'm sorry it took so long to get this post done. I am finally getting the time to sit down and work on some things, and this was one of the first things on my list. If you've been following my blog for the last few weeks/months, you have probably seen the post I did a few weeks back on giving thanks: 
 I started counting gifts on January 1st. I know a few of you wanted to do it with me, which is why I was going to post this sooner, but I didn't do it as soon as I should have. 

So for all of you who mentioned wanting to do this with me, and for those of you who want to join, let me know!

Basically we will keep in contact , acting as sort of accountability partners for each other. We will be periodically emailing each other, and sending verses/notes of encouragement to each other to keep it up. Our goal is at least 1,000, so start now, and don't give up!

You can start first by purchasing an empty lined journal, or you can use on that you already have. Whenever you see something that makes you smile, or anything that you notice, you can take the time to write it down, and say a quick prayer to thank God for it. It could be something big like family and friends, or it could be something small like the specks of dust on the windowsill. Whatever it is, you can find something beautiful in it and give thanks for it.

Personally, counting gifts has already brightened my day, lifted my spirits when I am feeling
down, and just given me a new perspective of joy and thankfulness with life. And don't give up halfway through. This has the potential to really change your life for the better.

Again, sorry for the lateness of this post. I hope you will join me and we can count gifts together!

Ann Voskamp's Blog: http://www.aholyexperience.com/

4 comments:

  1. Does this qualify for writing letters too? ~Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goody! I'm so glad. One of my 1,000 gifts was "writing letters to friends." I miss you soooo bad. ~Abby

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by, lovelies! I love to hear from you! Every comment brightens my day a whole lot more, so by all means, leave me a note!
However, any inappropriate, rude, or scamming comments will disappear mysteriously...and they will never be seen again. So keep it appropriate, civil and nice, please! Hope to see you back soon, and have a delightful day! :)