Monday, February 2, 2015

February Resolutions {2015}

Happy February! For some reason, this has always been my favorite winter month. The snow always seems to sparkle more, the sun shines brighter, and I feel a strange warmth inside. Oh, and there's Valentine's Day too. (Which I do celebrate, even though I'm single. :)
This year I'm trying out something new. (Many thanks to Kelli Taylor for the inspiration!) Basically, I'm setting resolutions for myself each month, and at the end of the month, I'm going to post a sort of  "report card" on how I did in fulfilling them. I may do a few mentions in between, but that's the main idea. I want to work on getting through my goals, so I'm taking you along for the ride!



1. Finish reading at least 3 books
I finally just started reading more again! I have a goodly sized stockpile of books that I want to read, and I'm hoping to get through a few of them this month. Generally I would set my number higher, but many of them are the unabridged classics, and those can be harder to get through. I'm really looking forward to the challenge, though!

2. Blog at least once a week
This one is something I have really been trying to do more of lately. Blogging is a creative outlet for me, and I want to make sure I'm finding the time for that.

3. Keep up on piano playing
I feel like now that I'm not in lessons anymore, it's a lot harder to be consistent with practicing and playing. I'm trying to fit it into my daily schedule, and I'm also challenging myself with some pretty tough music.

4. Get on a new schedule
Those of you who know me really well know that I love making schedules. My schoolwork just began getting far more difficult (not to mention now that I'm in high school I have more to do), and I wasn't able to get done everything that I really needed to. I recently compiled a new schedule, which I am starting this week, so hopefully it will help out with prioritizing my life.

5. Consistent Journaling
I do a lot of writing, so I generally do a lot of journaling. (Talking to my mom about things has also been a huge blessing!) I have done pretty good with faithfully journaling at the end of the day, but there have been many nights where I have been far too tired to sit down and write. I'm hoping to get back into general writing, really, but I'm finding it hard to fit that into my life right now.

     _______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Soo...what are your resolutions for this month? If you have your own blog you should do a post and comment with the link! You could also just comment and tell me, but making a post is so much more fun...


3 comments:

  1. Violin practicing. More School. ~Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying not to be jealous of the snow you get to enjoy!! I grew up in the midwest and now live in the southwest and the lack of snow during the holidays always makes me sad! I love Valentines Day too and celebrated it when I was single :)

    Your goals are a lot like mine! Good luck and have lots of fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, Megan! My goal this year is to write in a journal once a day, but so far I'm only remembering about twice a week. :P Last year, I had the same New Year's resolution and only got through part of January, so I'm hoping to do better this year!! Good luck with your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, lovelies! I love to hear from you! Every comment brightens my day a whole lot more, so by all means, leave me a note!
However, any inappropriate, rude, or scamming comments will disappear mysteriously...and they will never be seen again. So keep it appropriate, civil and nice, please! Hope to see you back soon, and have a delightful day! :)