Friday, June 3, 2016

May 2016 | Month in Review

Back in February, I did a post where I kind of hit on some random things that happened during the month. I want to do another one this month, only I have a few categories to keep things a bit more organized. I'm hoping to do one of these at the end of every month, but since I'm also doing the Anne of Green Gables reviews, I may or may not be able to squeeze that in as well. Enjoy!




~ I finished school!! *screaming* I thought I would have to work through the summer, but it turns out that I had already done enough to legally pass the school year. Needless to say, I was so relieved! 

~ May was the month of graduation parties! Congratulations to all of the cool peeps who finished high school! :)

~ I started to really enjoy those adult coloring books! I never thought I would have the patience for them, but my sister (very kindly) let me try out a few pictures from one of hers. It's really fun and very relaxing! 

~ I got asked to do my very first guest post! *more screaming* I'm not sure if I can say who I will be doing that with yet, but you will know eventually! 


I realized that I really don't find new books to read very often, so the reading that I do is usually my favorite books that I end up reading over and over again. ;) I actually got a few new books this month, and I also pulled a few off the shelf that I have wanted to read for a while now. 

~The City of Ember Book Series by Jeanne DuPrau (4 books)
(Psstt...there just might be a review for this series coming soon!)

~Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen 

~Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen 

~Anne's House of Dreams by L.M. Montgomery 
(I will review this one at the end of June!) 


~ "God of my Fathers" by Andrew Peterson~
 

 ~ "Hope in Front of Me" by Danny Gokey~

~ "Through All of It" by Colton Dixon~






 That's a basic run-down of May! There wasn't anything huge that happened (I mean, I didn't become world-famous or anything), but May was a really good month.  
SO...What are the highlights of your month?? Let me know in the comments! 

Have a lovely day! :)

  ~Megan ♥
  

13 comments:

  1. Sounds Fun!!!!!!! My highlight of May was my sister's birthday!! :-) I had a doctors appointment for a lot of complications i have been having for awhile. :-( Please keep me in your prayers? I have to go have tests done on the 16th of this month.
    ~Ray
    #UNASHAMED
    #PEACE4ALL
    #ENDIT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray, I will definitely be praying for you. <3 I hope everything turns out ok!! *HUGS

      ~Megan

      Delete
    2. THANK YOU BUNCHES!!!!!!!!!!!! *HUGS BACK
      #UNASHAMED #PEACE4ALL #ENIT

      Delete
  2. Maybe I should try those coloring books! I haven't tried them yet but I like to give them as gifts. Congrats on finishing this school for the year! I am listening to "God of my Fathers" as I read your post! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a ton of fun, trust me. :):) I've been listening to more of his music lately, and I am loving it more and more. :) SO GOOD.

      Thank you so much for commenting, Vanessa!! You are fabulous. :)

      <3Megan:)

      Delete
  3. I FINISHED SCHOOL TOO!!!!!! I am literally so happy!!!! :D

    http://thecountrygurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY FOR YOU!!!! *throws confetti and starts a party* I feel so free! :p

      ~Megan <3

      Delete
  4. YAY FOR FINISHING SCHOOL!

    And, aww! I read the City of Ember! It was SUCH a long time ago, though. Oh the memories. o.o But I remember liking it a lot. Did you ever watch the movie adaption?

    // katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me forever to find the rest of the series in a bookstore!! It's really good. OH, I saw that there is a movie but I haven't seen it yet. I really want to though! Is it good?

      Delete
  5. Pride and Prejudice...Sense and Sensibility...Anne's House of Dreams...Love all these books!!!!!!!!!!~Abby <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. My highlight of May was my sister's birthday too. ~Abby <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, lovelies! I love to hear from you! Every comment brightens my day a whole lot more, so by all means, leave me a note!
However, any inappropriate, rude, or scamming comments will disappear mysteriously...and they will never be seen again. So keep it appropriate, civil and nice, please! Hope to see you back soon, and have a delightful day! :)